The All-Party Parliamentary Group on a Fit and Healthy Childhood
Chair: Steve McCabe MP Co-Chair: Baroness Floella Benjamin OBE. Vice-Chairs: Ian Austin MP, Nic Dakin MP, Nigel Dodds MP, Julie Elliott MP, Diana Johnson MP, Lord McColl of Dulwich, Dr. Philippa Whitford MP, Adam Holloway MP. Formal details of the Group on the Parliamentary website are available at: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/150929/fit-and-healthy-childhood.htm
The Infant and Toddler Forum
At the Infant and Toddler Forum (ITF), we are committed to giving every child the healthiest start in life.
Established in 2004, the ITF is an independent, expert-led not for profit organisation dedicated to providing parents and parents to be, professionals and providers with the confidence and skills they need to help children develop positive healthy eating habits. Working closely with professional groups, commercial organisations and policy makers, we focus on early life as the critical window because we know that healthy-eating habits established at this stage are more likely to last a lifetime.
Our core initiatives include:
- The Ten Steps Programme for Pregnancy, Feeding Babies and Healthy Toddlers – evidence-based programmes and resources that provide accurate and balanced health information easily understood by parents, healthcare professionals and providers; they can be used in settings and by families to encourage healthier behaviours
- CHAT – a free, online educational programme supporting health and childcare professionals to engage parents in healthy conversations in their commitment to making every contact count
- Factsheets – a wealth of free downloadable resources providing evidence-based information and best-practice guidance on feeding and nutrition
- Portion sizes table – a user-friendly guide to the recommended portion size ranges for children aged 1-4
- Tot It Up – an interactive tool, designed to monitor and assess the food intake and activity levels of children aged 1-4 years and providing a personal analysis of a toddler’s daily or weekly food intake benchmarked against current UK recommendations