- 13/03/19 – The Launch of the Working Group Report on the Primary PE and Sport Premium, with Helen Clark, Lead Author; Dr Victoria Randall, University of Winchester; James Opie, Author; Jack Shakespeare, Head of ukActive Kids; Loretta Sollars, Deputy Head, Children, Young People & Families Lifecourse Team, Public Health England
- 26/02/19 – “The impact of testing in schools on child wellbeing” with Ian Hickman and Jon LeFevre: Head Teachers and founders of the ‘Charter on Children’s Assessment’; Ken Jones, NEU; Nick Brook, Deputy General Secretary, National Assc of Head Teachers, and Sean Hartford, HMI, National Director, Education, Ofsted
- 30/01/19 – Reception in the House of Commons Pavilion for the launch of our report “Children’s Mental Health beyond the Green Paper: the Role of Practice Based Evidence” with Jeffrey Hugh Thomas, CEO, Play Therapy UK, sponsors of the report
- 14/11/19 – “Hopes and Prospects for Children’s Mental Health Services” with Jeffrey Hugh Thomas, CEO, Play Therapy UK; Dr. Aric Sigman, Independent lecturer and author; and Michelle Lee-Izu, Corporate Director Children’s Services (England), Barnardo’s
- 24/10/18 – “A collaborative approach to nutritional needs in the first 1000 days” with Ross McKahon, CEO, Kendal Nutricare; Declan O’Brien, Director General, BSNA; Catherine Elwig, paediatric specialist, BDA
- 17/10/19 – Reception for the launch of our report “Physical Activity in Early Youth” with Helen Clark, lead author, and Steve Franks of Water Babies.
- 05/09/18 – “The Primary PE and Sport Premium”, with Jane Nickerson, CEO Swim England; Will Swaithes, PE Lead, Youth Sport Trust; Dr Gerald Griggs, Head of Academics, University Campus of Football Business
- 26/06/18 – The Launch of the “Mental Health in Childhood” Report and the case for a Secretary of State for Children, with Helen Clark, Lead Author of the Mental Health Report; Vicky Parkinson and Kate Day from the National Counselling Society; and Steve Franks, Lead Spokesperson, Children First and CEO of Water Babies
- 16/05/18 – “Hopes and Prospects for Stage 2 of the Child Obesity Strategy”, with Professor Jason Halford, University of Liverpool; Joanna Saunders, Leeds Beckett University; and Pippa Bagnall, Head of Wellbeing, Mytime Active.
- 25/04/18 – Mental Health in Primary Schools, with Matthew Blow, Policy and Government Affairs Manager, Young Minds Neera Sharma, Senior Policy and Research Adviser, Barnardo’s, and Josie Smith, Barnardo’s.
- 28/03/18 – The launch of our report ‘The Impact of Social and Economic Inequalities on Children’s Health” followed by a presentation on Public Health England’s new calorie reduction programme. Speakers: Baroness Benjamin, Helen Clark, lead author of the report, and Anna Taylor from the Food Foundation.
- 20/02/18 – “Does food industry marketing undermine anti-obesity measures?” with Katy Askew, Senior Editor of Food Navigator; Dan Parker, Chief Executive, Living Loud; and Malcolm Clark from Cancer Research UK.
- 10/01/18 – “Why Children’s Oral Health is Everybody’s Business” with Sara Hurley, Chief Dental Officer, England; Prof. Michael Escudier, Dean of Dental Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons;and Claire Stevens, Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry, University Dental Hospital of Manchester
- 29/11/17 – with the Lawn Tennis Association and Slimming World
- 14/11/17 – with Shadow Secretary of State for Health Jonathan Ashworth MP
- 17/10/17 – launch of the Working Group Report on Physical Activity in Early Childhood, with Nic Dakin MP, Steve Franks and Chris Broadbent from Water Babies, and Helen Clark, lead author
- 28/06/17 – launch of the Working Group Report on Maternal Obesity, with Baroness (Floella) Benjamin, Jenny Caven, Slimming World, and Helen Clark, lead author
Please go to the meeting notes page for details of earlier meetings.