- 05/09/18 – “The Primary PE and Sport Premium”, with Jane Nickerson, CEO Swim England; Will Swaithes, PE Lead, Youth Sport Trust; Dr Gerald Griggs, Head of Academics, University Campus of Football Business
- 26/06/18 – The Launch of the ‘Mental Health in Childhood’ Report and the case for a Secretary of State for Children, with Helen Clark, Lead Author of the Mental Health Report; Vicky Parkinson and Kate Day from the National Counselling Society; and Steve Franks, Lead Spokesperson, Children First and CEO of Water Babies
- 16/05/18 – “Hopes and Prospects for Stage 2 of the Child Obesity Strategy”, with Professor Jason Halford, University of Liverpool; Joanna Saunders, Leeds Beckett University; and Pippa Bagnall, Head of Wellbeing, Mytime Active.
- 25/04/18 – Mental Health in Primary Schools, with Matthew Blow, Policy and Government Affairs Manager, Young Minds Neera Sharma, Senior Policy and Research Adviser, Barnardo’s, and Josie Smith, Barnardo’s.
- 28/03/18 – The launch of our report ‘The Impact of Social and Economic Inequalities on Children’s Health’ followed by a presentation on Public Health England’s new calorie reduction programme. Speakers: Baroness Benjamin, Helen Clark, lead author of the report, and Anna Taylor from the Food Foundation.
- 20/02/18 – “Does food industry marketing undermine anti-obesity measures?” with Katy Askew, Senior Editor of Food Navigator; Dan Parker, Chief Executive, Living Loud; and Malcolm Clark from Cancer Research UK.
- 10/01/18 – “Why Children’s Oral Health is Everybody’s Business” with Sara Hurley, Chief Dental Officer, England; Prof. Michael Escudier, Dean of Dental Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons;and Claire Stevens, Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry, University Dental Hospital of Manchester
- 29/11/17 – with the Lawn Tennis Association and Slimming World
- 14/11/17 – with Shadow Secretary of State for Health Jonathan Ashworth MP
- 17/10/17 – launch of the Working Group Report on Physical Activity in Early Childhood, with Nic Dakin MP, Steve Franks and Chris Broadbent from Water Babies, and Helen Clark, lead author
- 28/06/17 – launch of the Working Group Report on Maternal Obesity, with Baroness (Floella) Benjamin, Jenny Caven, Slimming World, and Helen Clark, lead author
Please go to the meeting notes page for details of earlier meetings.